2017 Meeting Dates:
Meeting 1: Thursday, February 9 at 7:30 p.m.
Meeting 2: Tuesday, May 9 at 7:30 p.m.
Meeting 3: Wednesday, August 9 at 7:30 p.m.
Meeting 4: Thursday, November 9 at 7:30 p.m.
Here is how our meetings work:
• Members arrive and have the option of submitting a local charity or cause to be nominated. Members who wish to nominate write the name of the charity / cause on a slip of paper and drop it into a basket.
• Three pieces of paper are drawn from the basket, and the three women selected have 5 minutes each to present their cause to the members.
• After the presentations are finished, members have a chance to ask the presenters any questions they may have about the nominated charities / causes.
• After the Q & A session, members vote for the charity / cause of their choice anonymously by writing it on a slip of paper and dropping it into a basket.
• The votes are tallied, and the winning charity / cause is announced. All members write a $100 check to the winning charity / cause. We respect the busy schedules of our members, so meetings will always be held in 1 hour or less.
• Meetings are held four times a year. The meeting time will be 7:30, but the day of the week changes to accommodate the varying schedules of our members.
• Meetings will always be held in the Gainesville / Haymarket area. Women from around the region are welcome to attend.
• Charities / causes that were submitted but not presented, or presented but not chosen, are eligible to be considered at the next meeting.
• Members who are not able to attend meetings can send a check before the meeting. They do not fill out the “pay to the order of” line; that is written in after the winning charity / cause is announced.
• Members are expected to commit for one year, or four meetings. The total financial commitment per year is $400.